Friday, July 10, 2015

The first shop stop

Today I will take you on the tour of the quilt shops. I was not able to venture up into Wisconsin this trip, but the shops I visited were happy and full of inspiration.

Quilt Play was in Grayslake Illinois. It was a short easy drive from where we stayed, which of course, made me very happy.


 Nice assortment of fabrics.

And quilts on display for inspiration.

And did I purchase anything while I was there? Um, why yes I did :-)
As I was looking at the various fabric collections, this one jumped out at me.
Three Sisters Passport NYC.  And why would this one jump out at me??  Well, because I was born in the Big Apple, and have always thought that I'd love to go to The City Quilter shop in downtown Manhattan.  I haven't made it there yet, but this fabric will give me a nice little project to recall some of the streets and places that are icons of the great city of Manhattan. I'll keep you posted on how I'll use this fabric.

More to come.........
Happy Quilting!


12 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

It sure looks like a nice shop ... glad you found some fabrics you like. I can't wait to see what you decide to do with that fabric.

Barb said...

What a fun tour!

Barb said...

What a fun tour!

Jeanna said...

Cute shop and I love the fabric you bought. Oh what will it become?

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Good Morning,
Its been a while since I have been able to blog, but wanted to catch up with you. What a great quilt shop! I always love going in to see what's on the walls for inspiration. I just finished a black and white quilt and now need to start on another. So many fun fabrics to use. I look forward to seeing what you create with your new pretty fabrics.
Have a wonderful day, Elizabeth

Tanna said...

Just like the yarn shops... a treasure of color delight!! I'll look forward to seeing your map project! blessings ~ tanna

Susan said...

You sure are visiting some great places along the way!

Bonnie said...

I'm really enjoying your quilt shop tour!! Looking forward to more!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. ALWAYS fun to see new quilt shops!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

There is something very inspiring about going to quilt shops. I am sure whatever you make with the New York fabric will be wonderful. Maybe a tote?

Have fun!!

Allie-oops Designs said...

I love that fabric - and YES, you need to go the The City Quilter!!! It was my first stop in NY. Great place!!!

A Colorful World said...

Blog hops are such fun!